ALPHA CLUB - CLUB RULES
Updated: 17th December 2020
WELCOME TO THE ALPHA CLUB (incorporating La Dolce Vita Club & La Dolce Vita Clubcard)
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Club.
The objectives of the Club are to provide access to prestigious events, whilst at the same time, providing members with the opportunity to network with like-minded individuals. In addition to this, members will have access to partnered services and venues and a host of other benefits which we are constantly adding to.
Like most similar organisations we have found it necessary to put a few rules in place to ensure the smooth running of the Club and to prevent any misunderstandings. We have endeavoured to ensure that these rules are kept to a minimum and hope that common sense and courtesy prevail in the application of these rules.
As a member of the Club you are entitled to one, some or all of the following services, depending on your membership agreement: –
- Access to ‘Alpha at’ venues
- Alpha Club Phone
- Alpha Club Book
- Membership Pack
- Membership Card
- Personal Online Portal
- Guest signing privileges
- Bill signing privileges
- Streamed entertainment (at least 50% free)
- Discounts & cashback offers with a £10 account credit *
- Prize Draws & competitions **
- Access to Business Support Services
- Invitations to prestigious Business and Social Events
- Further priority access to high quality Events
- Elite networking including Alpha Klas
- Members only Concierge Assistance
- Access to luxury travel services
- Access to our chosen prestigious London based Clubs ***
- Optional access to the IAC Network of globally affiliated clubs ****
- Discounts at Friends of Alpha partners
THE RULES OF MEMBERSHIP
- You will register for events of interest in good time and in accordance with the instructions for each event.
- Although a central purpose of the Alpha Club is for you to enjoy yourself, acceptable standards of behaviour will be expected at all times whilst participating in Club events or accessing affiliated venues. In particular, you must ensure that any guests you have attending an event are aware of these rules, the standards of behaviour expected from them and any applicable dress code. This will ensure that there will be no interference with the enjoyment of any other member or guest attending the event or venue.
- Failure to adhere to the required standards by either yourself or your guests may result in you being asked to leave the event or venue in question and may result in disqualification from future events and all Alpha affiliated venues.
- Most of our events have a minimum attendance age of 18. Please enquire before booking an event if you wish to invite any guest under that age.
- No member or their guest shall possess, use or distribute illegal substances whilst at an Alpha Club event, or affiliated venue nor conduct themselves in a manner unbefitting membership of the Club.
- Dress Code for Events (for Alpha At Venue dress code please see below): Unless otherwise indicated, gentlemen members and guests should wear jackets and long-sleeved, fully button-fronted shirts and follow a smart business dress code when attending events. In particular, blue denim jeans / denim shorts and untucked shirts on men are not allowed. Trainers, t-shirts, hats or flip flops are not allowed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, ladies’ dress should also follow a similar conventional nature of smart trouser suit, jacket, skirt or dress.
- Denim, jeans, sportswear and trainers may only be worn if specified and applicable for the event.
- Mobiles should not be used at events, except in an emergency.
- Mobile usage in affiliated venues should be kept to an absolute minimum and preferably discreetly or in a designated area.
- Whilst you are a guest at an Alpha Club event located at other destinations, it is understood that the Alpha Club dress guidelines will take priority over those of the venue if the latter are of a lesser standard. This is in order to maintain the Club’s standing.
- Upon receiving confirmation of their attendance at any event, or upon receiving confirmation of the provision of a service by the Alpha Club, the member unequivocally authorises deduction of the equivalent Alpha Bytes. From that point no refund will be made for any reason other than the cancellation by the Club of an event or service in question.
- Members should be aware that no event is a guarantee, and the Alpha Club accepts no liability if an event is changed or withdrawn. Events are predicted on the amount of interest from Members received when advertised – if there is not enough interest for a certain event, the event in question may be cancelled at any time.
- Membership of the Alpha Club is in the name of the business registered with us as the member. Where any subscriptions, fees, charges or expenses of any kind are incurred by the registered member or any corporate nominee of the member or any guest of the member, whether such expenses are chargeable in Alpha Bytes or currency the member is liable for the payment of such subscriptions, fees, charges or any other expenses on demand and the member hereby irrevocably authorises the deduction from their Alpha Byte account of sufficient Alpha Bytes to cover the payment and agrees that in the event of the Alpha Byte account having insufficient Alpha Bytes to cover such payment, the balance will be paid in currency within 7 days of a demand to do so.
- It is necessary for the Alpha Club to keep certain details about each member on a Club database. The Club will ensure that all such details are kept to a minimum and that they remain confidential and that the Club will fully comply with all of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any successors with respect to such information. You agree to provide the Alpha Club with correct and up to date details in this regard and failure to do so may invalidate your membership. It is your responsibility to provide accurate information.
- You agree that the Club may use any images, quotes or video footage of yourself taken in the course of your attendance at an event for the use of marketing. Should you wish to withhold your agreement in respect of any particular event please contact the Alpha Team by email (email@example.com).
- Where appropriate, access to and use of your online members’ portal is through the Alpha Club website. You will be provided with your username and password which is exclusively reserved for you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you agree to notify the Club immediately if you believe that there has been any breach of security.
- Your membership may neither be transferred nor assigned, in whole or in part, without the written authority of the Club who have the unfettered discretion to grant or refuse such authority.
- If your membership is terminated, or when it ceases, you must return all material in your possession which is the property of the Club.
- The founders shall have sole discretion as to who shall become a member of the Alpha Club and shall have the right to refuse any application for membership for any reason without giving an explanation.
- The founders reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to terminate the membership of any member for any reason and at any time in the event that the member in question is deemed to have behaved in a manner fundamentally inconsistent with the standards associated with continued club membership.
- You agree that you will be the sole user of your Alpha Club membership card. You must notify a member of the Alpha Club team if it is lost or stolen.
- Specific rules may apply to products and services provided by The Alpha Club, La Dolce Vita Club and La Dolce Vita Clubcard and Alpha At venues from time to time and if issued after these rules, the most recent rules should be deemed to take precedence in relation only to that specific product or service. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the applicable rules and should you have any queries to contact us in good time to ensure you are fully appraised by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through direct contact with your Membership Host or an appropriate Alpha Club representative.
- The Alpha Club may vary these Rules and Regulations from time to time and will notify you of such changes in writing, your continued use of your membership constitutes acceptance of the altered Rules and Regulations although the Club is committed to only make such changes as will ensure continued clarity of membership terms or increased benefit or enjoyment to the majority of members.
THE RULES OF ‘ALPHA AT’ VENUE USAGE
- Your Alpha Club, La Dolce Vita Club or La Dolce Vita Clubcard membership card must be shown to a host or security member of staff before entering the Club, and on request. If you do not have your card on your person, you and any guests may not be permitted entry.
- When attending the Club, Alpha Club and La Dolce Vita Club members are welcome to sign in up to 3 guests per visit. Larger parties will need to be made by special arrangement. Individual guests (excluding spouses for Alpha Club and La Dolce Vita Club members) are only permitted to attend the Club 6 times per year before they should be considered for membership to the Alpha Club themselves. Guests may be denied entry to the Club should they exceed this limit. Members should stay with their guests throughout the duration of their attendance to the Club and must not leave without their guests.
- Although a central purpose of the Alpha Club is for you to enjoy yourself, acceptable standards of behaviour will be expected at all times whilst being in attendance at the Club. In particular, you must ensure that any guests you have attending are aware of these rules, the standards of behaviour expected from them and the dress code of the Club. This will ensure that there will be no interference with the enjoyment of any other member or guest attending the Club.
- Failure to adhere to the required standards by either yourself or your guests may result in you being asked to leave the Club premises and may result in you or your guests being prohibited from attending the Club in the future.
- No member or their guest shall possess, use or distribute illegal substances whilst at the venue, nor conduct themselves in a manner unbefitting the Club.
- The minimum age of attendance to the Club is 18 during weekday hours (refer to website for current times). Under no circumstances should any guest under the age of 18 attend the Club.
- The minimum age of attendance to the Club is 16 during weekend hours (refer to website for current times).
- Children 5 years and over are permitted during weekend hours only when accompanied by an Alpha Club or La Dolce Vita Club member and only by prior arrangement and entirely at the management’s discretion. No infant facilities are provided.
- Dress Code for Alpha At Venue’s: Members and visitors are required to maintain a standard of dress, considered to be keeping in both style and neatness with the character and standing of the Club. Collared tops, tailored trousers, smart coloured jeans (No stonewash or ripped jeans), shorts, provided they are tailored and always with ankle length or long socks. We do not permit open toed sandals (for men). Sportswear, leisure wear, casual trainers, t-shirts, hoodies, hats and flip flops are not allowed.
- Ladies’ dress should also follow a similar conventional nature of smart trouser suit, jacket, skirt, dress or smart, tailored shorts. No stonewash or ripped jeans. Sportswear, leisure wear, casual trainers, t-shirts, hoodies, hats and flip flops are not allowed.
- Please refer to the detailed dress code on the venue’s website for further clarification.
- Mobiles may be used within the Club for data transmission (emailing, texting and internet) and should be kept on silent at all times.
- Where possible do not use your mobile for voice calls in the Club, except within a designated area of the Club or in an emergency. In the event you do need to use your mobile for voice calls please keep this to an absolute minimum and use discretion.
- Please be mindful of your fellow members when taking or making calls, apply discretion and keep the volume low.
- You agree that the Club may use any images, quotes or video footage of yourself taken in the course of your attendance at the Club for the use of marketing. Should you wish to withhold your agreement please contact the Alpha Team by email (email@example.com).
- You agree that you will be the sole user of your membership card. You must notify a member of the Alpha Club team if it is lost or stolen.
- You agree that any bills you sign for will result in the deduction of Alpha Bytes from your Alpha Byte account and are advised to keep any copies of receipts for your own In the event of your Alpha Byte or levy account having insufficient Alpha Bytes or funds to cover such payment, you agree that the balance will be paid in currency within 7 days of demand to do so.
- Members and guests should report any accidents or injuries sustained whilst at the Club to a member of staff within 24 hours of the incident occurring. This is necessary in order to comply with health and safety laws.
- No animals should be allowed onto the premises, with the exception of guide or medical assistance dogs.
- Smoking is, by law, only permitted in outside areas of the Club.
- It is within the Club’s rights to close the Club premises at any time and members will be notified prior to any closure taking place, except in the case of emergencies.
- Any complaints regarding the Club premises are to be provided in writing to the Alpha Team. Complaints regarding food, drink or service should be made at the time of service to the host.
- Any disregarded items found on the Club premises should be handed to the host, who will keep a log of these articles. Any items not claimed within a period of three months may be disposed of as the Club sees fit.
- The Club cannot be held responsible for members’ cars parked at or near the Club premises, neither for their safety from theft, nor infringement of parking violations.
E. & OE.
*Provided by a third party; terms & conditions apply.
**Terms & Conditions will apply to all prize draws & competitions; please see La Dolce Vita Club website for further details and full T’s & C’s (www.la-dolce-vita.club).
*** Subject to terms & conditions. Accessed via Concierge booking and subject to membership privileges.
**** Third party disclaimer; the IAC Network is a separate entity to the Alpha Club, membership to the IAC Network is not directly available to Alpha Club Members, if you would like to become a member of the IAC Network, you should contact your Alpha Club representative.